20th Annual Youth Leadership Conference
March 10th & 11th, 2018[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/-KqNt2Kgcqk” align=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
This 2-day leadership program teaches leadership traits, communication skills, problem solving, teamwork, and community service.
Students spend two days with highly trained and qualified facilitators experiencing leadership in such a way that they can take the learning and apply it to real-life situations.
Students learn to solve their everyday problems, build self-confidence, and become role-models for their friends and families.
They identify and solve school, community and personal problems that they face. Students create action plans that are safe, doable and can be enacted upon leaving the conference.
The use of skits, games, and workbooks keep students engaged with the learning.
Van Buren Elementary School
47733 Van Buren St, Indio, CA 92201[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]
1. What do you teach?
- Leadership traits such as patience, tolerance, responsibility, public speaking, kindness, fairness, and understanding consequences
- A simple and effective problem solving model
- Children learn how to lead by example at school, at home, and in the community.
- Students in middle and high school also begin to learn about life skills including: managing money, job skills, college and financial aid, and setting goals.
2. Where and when is the conference?
3. What does my child need to bring?
4. Why am I asked to donate $75?
5. How do I register my child?
Registration can be completed online or by calling 888-311-7388. A parent or guardian must print and sign a consent for each child and bring with them on the first day of the conference.
2018 YLC Consent Form [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]