1. What do you teach?
- Leadership traits such as patience, tolerance, responsibility, public speaking, kindness, fairness, and understanding consequences
- A simple and effective problem solving model
- Children learn how to lead by example at school, at home, and in the community.
- Students in middle and high school also begin to learn about life skills including: managing money, job skills, college and financial aid, and setting goals.
2. Where and when is the conference?
The conference is held at Van Buren Elementary School in Indio. Registration/check-in begins at 8:00 on Saturday. The conference runs from 9:00am – 3:00pm both days.
3. What does my child need to bring?
Nothing. Your child will be given the materials needed for the weekend. Lunch and snacks are served both days. A small breakfast is also available.
4. Why am I asked to donate $75?
ALA is an all-volunteer non-profit organization. The donation helps to cover a portion of the cost for the facilities, materials, food, and curriculum. The donation is tax-deductible. Scholarships are available for those who cannot donate the full amount.